Posted: Sep 16, 2012 8:43 AM by Robin O'Day - KPAX News
FLORENCE- A family says they felt their house lift off its foundation after a propane explosion erupted in the basement of their home, in the Woodchuck area of Florence on Saturday.
Florence Volunteer Fire Department Lieutenant Leah Rediske says firefighters were called to the log home, just off of High Mountain View Road, at around 2:30 p.m.
Rediske said there were three or four people were inside the home when the blast occurred, but thankfully no one was seriously injured.
She estimated the home suffered between $50,000 to $75,000 in damages, mostly from some.
Rediske says the owners were doing some pipe work in their basement when one of the lines erupted.
The Missoula Rural Fire District, Three Mile Volunteer Fire Department and Stevensville Volunteer Fire Department along with the Florence Volunteer Fire Department all responded to the blaze.