Quantcast

Colin Kaepernick workout postponed, team questions anthem intent - KXLF.com | Continuous News | Butte, Montana

Colin Kaepernick workout postponed, team questions anthem intentions

Posted: Updated:

Colin Kaepernick still remains front and center of the National Anthem controversy.

On Thursday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Seattle Seahawks had invited the former 49ers quarterback in for a workout with the team but have since postponed the appointment after Kaepernick declined to say he would stop kneeling during the National Anthem next season.

The team told CNN that a scheduled workout planned for this past Monday was postponed but that it was halted because Kaepernick's representatives couldn't provide Kaepernick's long-term plan for non-football commitments.

However, a source familiar with the situation says the Seahawks specifically questioned Kaepernick's National Anthem intentions.

Kaepernick became a lightning rod in 2016 when he refused to stand during the National Anthem, protesting what he believes are racial injustices and ongoing police brutality in the US. He drew fierce criticism for refusing to stand but also inspired athletes -- from elementary schools to professional leagues -- to join his movement.

In March 2017, Kaepernick opted out of his 49ers contract and became a free agent. No NFL team has signed him. Kaepernick filed a grievance against the NFL in October, claiming collusion.

In June, Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said about Kaepernick, "He's a starter in this league. ...We have a starter, but he is a starter in this league, and I can't imagine somebody won't give him a chance to play."

© 2017 Cable News Network. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

WEATHER
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Father/son duo accused of selling heroin to parents of toddler

    Father/son duo accused of selling heroin to parents of toddler

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 10:25 PM EDT2018-07-18 02:25:45 GMT

    A father and son arrested in Bozeman are charged with dealing drugs to a couple with a two-and-a-half-year-old child. The state allegations and court documents outline that the child was likely home at the time of the drug transactions and usage.

    A father and son arrested in Bozeman are charged with dealing drugs to a couple with a two-and-a-half-year-old child. The state allegations and court documents outline that the child was likely home at the time of the drug transactions and usage.

  • MGM sues Las Vegas shooting victims and survivors, claiming no liability

    MGM sues Las Vegas shooting victims and survivors, claiming no liability

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 6:20 PM EDT2018-07-17 22:20:12 GMT
    Surveillance video shows the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017, the night of a deadly mass shooting on a country music festival below the resort. / COURTESY LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICESurveillance video shows the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017, the night of a deadly mass shooting on a country music festival below the resort. / COURTESY LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE
    Surveillance video shows the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017, the night of a deadly mass shooting on a country music festival below the resort. / COURTESY LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICESurveillance video shows the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017, the night of a deadly mass shooting on a country music festival below the resort. / COURTESY LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE

    MGM Resorts International is suing more than 1,000 victims and other survivors of last year's mass shooting in Las Vegas, claiming it has no liability for the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. 

    MGM Resorts International is suing more than 1,000 victims and other survivors of last year's mass shooting in Las Vegas, claiming it has no liability for the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. 

  • Prosecutors charge woman after death of baby blamed on drugs in her breast milk

    Prosecutors charge woman after death of baby blamed on drugs in her breast milk

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 1:00 AM EDT2018-07-17 05:00:18 GMT
    Samantha Jones / CBS PHILLYSamantha Jones / CBS PHILLY
    Samantha Jones / CBS PHILLYSamantha Jones / CBS PHILLY

    Prosecutors have charged a woman with criminal homicide in connection with the death of her 11-week-old son, who they say died because of drugs he consumed through his mother's breast milk.

    Prosecutors have charged a woman with criminal homicide in connection with the death of her 11-week-old son, who they say died because of drugs he consumed through his mother's breast milk.

Powered by Frankly

© KXLF.com 2018, KXLF.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?