Making a decision to be seen by an orthopedic specialist can be challenging. You may think your discomfort will pass, an injury will heal on its own, or that you will check into your pain at a more convenient time. But having a consultation with an orthopedic specialist to learn about your symptoms may actually save you time and money in the long run. An orthopedic specialist can help treat a variety of muscular skeleton conditions of the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. They can help you identify symptoms and offer treatment strategies that promote the prevention of further injury, unplanned costs, and extended time away from the activities you enjoy.
Here are 6 symptoms that suggest a referral to an orthopedic specialist may improve your wellness and get you back to doing the activities you love.
1. Chronic Pain- You manage painful discomfort that has persisted over 3 months
2. Mobility restrictions- You experience a limited range of motion or have body stiffness
3. Stability decrease- You don’t have the balance you once had and often lean on structures for security when walking or standing
4. Weakness or numbness in limbs- You feel a lack of ability to bear weight in your arms or legs
5. Injury to bone, joint, and tissue- An injury or trauma has occurred and your body is not healing
6. Change in your daily routine- You have stopped doing activities due to the discomfort or challenge of performing them
At Pintler Orthopedic and Spine, you will receive the care and connection needed for your rehabilitation. Let our experience maximize yours, and call us today (406) 563-8554 or visit us online at www.pintlerorthopedicsandspine.com.