GREAT FALLS — A man died a one-car crash in Lincoln County on Friday, April 15, 2022.
The crash happened at about 11:40 a.m. on MT Highway 482 about three miles south of Libby.
According to the Montana Highway Patrol, the 55-year old man from Libby - the only occupant of the Mazda MX-5 - was heading south when he failed to negotiate a left corner.
He then went off the right side of the road, crashing into a tree.
The man, whose name has not been released at this point, died at the scene.
The man was not wearing a seatbelt, according to the MHP.
The MHP says the road was dry and bare at the time of the crash, and that alcohol may have been a factor.
- TV show highlights Montana "ghost town"
- How much snow from this week's storm?
- 8 arrests in Great Falls drug bust
- Montana man survives getting hit by train
- Truckers stranded during snow storm