Some facts you might not know about the Montana State University Bobcat’s opponents as the Bobcats continue their 2019 playoff push at 6 p.m. Friday against Austin Peay at Bobcat Stadium.
- Austin Peay was named after Tennessee Governor Austin Peay, who was serving in his third term in 1927 when the school was established. That is why the mascot of APSU is the "Governors."
- Before becoming the head coach of Austin Peay, Mark Hudspeth was the Assistant Head Coach and Tight Ends coach at Mississippi State.
- Bonnie Sloan was the first Austin Peay alumni to play in the NFL. He was also the first deaf player to play in the NFL.
- The Governor's are on a seven-game win streak, averaging 40.7 points per game during that stretch.
- Bill Heydel, the Co-Founder of Cracker Barrell, is an Austin Peay alumni.
- Legendary women's basketball coach Pat Summitt was born in Clarksville, Tennessee, where APSU is located.
- Austin Peay has scored 68 total touchdowns this year, double than what they've allowed to opponents (34).
- After being honorably discharged from the U.S. Army after a parachuting injury while stationed at Fort Campbell, legendary musician Jimi Hendrix, lived in Clarksville, TN playing gigs in the early part of his career.
- QB JaVuaghn Craig has thrown for over 3,000 yards and rushed for over 800 this season.
- In 2015 and 2016 Austin Peay went 0-11..in 2019 they are 11-3
- From the 2013-2016 season the Governors went 1-45
- Before the 2017 season the last time the Govs’ finished a season with a winning record was 2007
- Craig is now school’s single season passing yards, and touchdowns leader
Tune into tonight's 10 pm News for highlights from this evening's game.