News

Actions

Home near Alberton a “total loss” after Saturday morning fire

Posted at 12:30 PM, Apr 29, 2018
and last updated 2018-04-29 14:30:41-04

ALBERTON – Four residents, along with their pets are lucky to be alive after their home was hot by an early Saturday fire near Alberton

Frenchtown Rural Fire District spokesman Mel Holtz says crews responded to reports of a fully involved structure fire on West Fork Petty Creek Road at around 5 a.m.

Frenchtown firefighters along with a water tender and structure engine from the Missoula Rural Fire District were able to suppress the flames. No one was injured, but Holtz reports the home is a total loss. 

The preliminary inspection indicated that the blaze may have been started by an electrical problem but Holtz said the investigation is still underway.