NewsCrime and Courts


Suspect pleads not guilty in the shooting death of Trysten Fellers

Trysten Fellers and his fiancee Josie
Erin Elliott Holcomb charged with homicide for the death of Trysten Fellers
Posted at 8:18 AM, May 18, 2021
and last updated 2021-05-18 10:18:57-04

Trysten Fellers of Fairfield, 22 years old, was shot and killed on May 14th, and Erin Elliott Holcomb has been charged with deliberate homicide.

Witnesses say Fellers tried to stop Holcomb from driving while intoxicated. When Holcomb refused to be driven home, the situation escalated, eventually leading to Fellers being shot in the neck.

Fellers is being remembered as a kind, funny, and generous young man.

Cindy Gonzalez, the secretary at Augusta Public School, recalled, “I don’t know that I ever saw him in a bad mood. I mean he just was happy-go-lucky, and a work ethic like you couldn’t believe. One time someone chopped wood for me and he came out and he stacked it. I didn’t ask him to, that’s the type of kid he was.”

A GoFundMe account has been created by Kelly Wivell to create a scholarship in Fellers' name. The page states:

Trysten Feller was a fine young man just following his dreams when he was senselessly shot and killed trying to stop that person from driving drunk. He was engaged to be married to his forever love Josie Moline in July. They were building their future, taking over the family farm and he was also a heavy equipment operator for his dad's construction company. Trysten was a proud farm kid who never met a stranger. In Trysten's honor, his family would like to create a scholarship at his alma mater, Augusta High School, for students pursuing tech or trade school, like he did for welding.

Click here if you would like to donate.

Trysten's fiancee Josie posted on Facebook: "Thank you everyone for your love and prayers. I ask on behalf of the families and loved ones for space to grieve and process the circumstances correctly. Thank you."

Holcomb, 25 years old, appeared in Teton County District Court on Monday and pleaded not guilty to the charge. Bond was set at $100,000.