BUTTE, Mont. – For 62 years, KXLF has been broadcasting from the landmark clock tower building on South Montana Street.
The station started in 1953 in Butte in the Pay ‘N Save grocery store on Harrison Ave. before moving to its current location. Before that, the building was part of the Chicago Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad.
John Emeigh joins Kim Kohn from the Butte Public Archives for a closer look at the history of KXLF and its home.