NewsLocal News


Butte health officials warn students about vaping

Posted at 1:03 PM, Oct 17, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-18 10:33:21-04

BUTTE - Health officials in Butte warned high school students on Wednesday about the dangers of vaping, in response to the recently-confirmed vaping-related death in Montana.

Butte-Silver Bow Health officials spoke at Butte High School and told students to avoid vaping and, if they are vaping, to get help in trying to quit. Officials felt a need to get the word out after reports of a teen in Montana dying from what is believed to be complications from vaping.

“That's what starts to scare people, but our health department, our biggest push now is to get in the schools, get talking to the kids and kind of getting the conversation going on, what is going on and how to prevent it,” said Jordan Peterson with the health department.

The health department has programs available to help young people addicted to e-cigarettes quit.