SEELEY LAKE - Little change is being reported on Thursday, Aug. 17, 2023, from the Colt Fire 15 miles northwest of Seeley Lake.
The blaze is holding at 7,200 acres with containment remaining at 45%.
The Lolo and Flathead National Forests have closed several forest roads, areas, and campgrounds near the fire.
The list of current closures includes:
- Forest Road 906 (closed at Highway 83)
- Rainy Lake Campground access road 4357 (closed at Highway 83)
- Rainy Lake Campground
- Alva Lake Campground access road (closed by gate at Highway 83)
- Alva Lake Campground
- Lakeside Campground access road (closed by gate at Highway 83)
- Lakeside Campground
- Forest Road 646 (closed at the junction of FSR 552; FSR 4354; Forest Road 552 (beyond the turn-off to west side Lake Inez access
- Forest Road 5507 and 463 closed beyond the West Side snowmobile trailhead (these roads access the Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks Marshall Wildlife Management Area and Lake Marshall)
There are 490 people assigned to the Colt Fire which was sparked by lightning on July 17, 2023.