YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK — On Monday, Oct. 3, 2022, Yellowstone lowered the parkwide fire danger level from HIGH to MODERATE.
According to a release, currently, there is one active wildland fire in the park.
- Stay informed about current fire activity [nps.gov] in Yellowstone.
- Currently, there are no fire restrictions in place or planned in the park.
- Campfires are only permitted within established fire rings in campgrounds and some backcountry campsites.
- Campfires must always be attended and cold to the touch before abandoning. Soak, stir, feel, repeat.
- The Greater Yellowstone area is a fire-adapted ecosystem [nps.gov]. Fire plays an important role in maintaining the health of this area’s wildlife habitat and vegetation.